Monday 2 January 2012

How It All Started

I started beading about 2 and a half years ago.  There was one evening when I sat down with my laptop browsing for something to do during my free time when I chance upon a website that sell all beautiful beads, charms & findings.  On the website it mentioned that they do offer classes for people who are interested to bead and the classes that were available at that time were wire jewellery.  I signed up for 2 classes back to back and am thankful that I attended it and ever since then there is no turning back for me.  I became so intrigue with the world of wireworks, creating beautifully crafted jeweleries  and noticed that there are actually no boundaries to what you can do.  The beautiful works produced by so many experienced crafters gave me the inspiration & aspirations to work harder on this hobby of mind.  However, I do admit that due to time constraints (I am a working mother) I have not been able to practice and work as hard as I could but I promised myself to try to spend at least an hour a day on my work.

As of now, I only make jeweleries for myself, friends and relatives and the feedbacks that I got from them were very encouraging and they urged me to start doing my own business.  So, here I am :)  My aim is to make beautiful and affordable jeweleries!

2 comments:

  1. Dear yvonne,

    I m so glad i took the time o go thru your blog and its really inspiing how you share your progress. Btw i started backwards from latest psting towards your first blog posting...lol

    Anyway, wishing the very best to you especially working mothers as yourself who has to juggle and balance everything. Take care n continue sharing your stories!

    :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mas. My first introduction to wire beading was thru you. You gave me my 1st lesson in making the beautiful pearl bracelet and earrings (I still have them and wear them occasionally). I am really happy to receive a response from my teacher. Thanks so much :)

      Delete